That’s right! and underscores are difficult to see when the file name is
displayed as an underlined link

you also can’t use underscores
with AWS S3 …
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/bucketnamingrules.html

Finally, the Google search engine treats, the hyphen( ‘-‘ ) separator as a word
separator but the same does not apply to underscores (‘_’)

yes, underscore is great for C code because it is the “space which is not a
space” - however, for file names, because of the reasons above it’s problematic…

I vote for nuttx, nuttx-apps