Finally I have a chance to look at this again.

If I have CONFIG_NSH_CLE, the board boots, gets a DHCP lease, and
responds to telnet, but with that ^[[62;6R business... and doesn't
seem to function much beyond that.

If I have CONFIG_NSH_READLINE instead (the two options are mutually
exclusive, right?), the board does *not* get a DHCP lease and I can't
locate it on the network, let alone try to telnet to it.

I'm single-stepping through the NSH initialization to see where things
are taking a wrong turn...

Nathan