Jonathon,

The OFBIZ-666 changes only affect maincss.css - the issue describes what it does. The css file merge was accomplished a week or so ago.

Right now the holdup is testing on a Mac - I need someone with a Mac to try it
out.

Thank you very much for your help!

Jonathon -- Improov wrote:

Adrian,

Are your changes only in the maincss.css? If so, I'll test it quickly myself.

Last I recall, your changes involve merging tabstyles.css into maincss.css. Is this correct? If so, there'd be many changes to many files that used to use tabstyles.css. Suggestion on how I can test maincss.css if this is the case?

Sorry for lack of response, Adrian. Your issue with cleaning up the css files is close to my heart. I hate having to grep through css files only to find a suitable style named "right-section" that I'm forced to use for a footer --- ie I hate having to call for a "spanner" in order to get a scalpel.

I understand it's not easy to create "container styles" for all of OFBiz; we might end up with styles like "right-section", "right-section-with-a-diff", "right-section-with-more-diff". I suggest we create very basic styles like "right-section", and then have UIs extend that style. Not sure if I'm clear here, but that should be about as concise as I can manage to express my idea.

I'll look at the maincss.css file right away. Please advise further to aid my testing? Thanks.

Jonathon

PS: Beginning of March is also my deadline for my project!

Adrian Crum wrote:

My requests for help with the new maincss.css file (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-666) on the dev and user mailing lists have gone unanswered, so the UI Refactoring effort has come to a screeching halt. Jacques was able to test the new maincss.css file on one more browser - Opera - while evaluating the experimental_3.patch file (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-633).

In the meantime...

Instead of creating a new umbrella Jira issue for this effort, I decided to use an existing issue that was already in that role - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-241. I linked OFBIZ-241 to some of the "free floating" UI issues.

Here are the tasks I would like to accomplish before the developers conference in March:

1. Get OFBIZ-666 committed to the project.
2. Submit a newer version of maincss.css to Jira - which can be used for the rest of this effort.
3. Post some refactoring guidelines and tips on OFBIZ-241.

March is less than a month away. If the UI Refactoring effort is addressed at the developers conference, then it would be nice to have this groundwork completed beforehand.