I have been working on making the Workeffort calendar support user-selected
locales and time zones.

Steps accomplished so far:

1. Fixed date computation bug in the calendar code
2. Provided a time zone drop-down list and user time zone selection persistence
3. Re-write the bsh and ftl files to support user-selected time zones and locales. This step was a snap because I ported my calendar program files back to OFBiz. This hasn't been submitted yet, because there are some blockers...

Steps that need to be done:

4. Make the user selected java.util.TimeZone object available to services and screen renderers. The code has been submitted (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1117) but not committed yet. 5. Modify the form widget to support user selected time zones and locales. Currently the form widget forces the user to input date/time in the server's format and time zone. I haven't started on that yet.
6. Modify Workeffort calendar form widgets to use the new time zone/locale
support from #5.

I hoped to get more work done on this during the holiday, but as luck would have it, my internet connection died yesterday and it won't be working again until Friday.