Jacques

De : "David E Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
It's great to see effort going into this, so thanks Adrian!

Adrian Crum wrote:
5. Modify the form widget to support user selected time zones and
locales. Currently the form widget forces the user to input date/time in
the server's format and time zone. I haven't started on that yet.
I'm not totally sure what you have in mind here, but I'll keep an eye out for
more info from you and see if I can help out.

IMO the main priority for this is to properly support time zones. I'm still a
big fan of the descending date/time format instead
of using localized formats. The problem with those is that there are either too few or
too many "standards" and so unless you show a
format string with every input box it can be VERY confusing and frustrating to
figure out how to type in a date and/or time. We also
need to keep in the mind that the popup window for date selection would need to
have something passed into it so it knows how to
format the date/time string based on the selection.
So yeah, in general I'm a big fan of using the descending format everywhere,
even consumer/public facing applications (at least as
a default, there are certainly tools to support other formats as needed for
custom UIs).