From: David E Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 11:31 PM
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: [OFBiz] Users - Accounting Extension (GL, etc) Now In Beta

On Nov 23, 2007, at 12:02 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have some strong feelings about how Si has done this though.  My
> primary
> concern is that some organizations prefer to post to the G/L in real
> time
> and others prefer to do batch review/post.  I hope we can do
> something like
> have a property or PartyAcctPreference that flips the switch.

The original design I did for the accounting stuff includes journal
management for un-posted transactions. The implementation was supposed
to put transactions that failed auto-posting into an error journal to
be manually reviewed, but if there was a switch like this somewhere we
could certainly use the journaling feature for what you are
describing, and it could even be configured to queue up certain types
of transactions but not others (like all purchase invoices for
example, but not sales invoices or inventory changes due to the
extreme volume; assuming a company where that is the case for sake of
example).

> I would only like to be involved if we can agree to spend the time
> to do
> user-friendly, intuitive screens.

Feedback on screen designs, probably starting with putting down end-
user processes to support (use cases if you will) would be great.