On Nov 23, 2007, at 12:02 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have some strong feelings about how Si has done this though. My primary concern is that some organizations prefer to post to the G/L in real time and others prefer to do batch review/post. I hope we can do something like
have a property or PartyAcctPreference that flips the switch.

The original design I did for the accounting stuff includes journal management for un-posted transactions. The implementation was supposed to put transactions that failed auto-posting into an error journal to be manually reviewed, but if there was a switch like this somewhere we could certainly use the journaling feature for what you are describing, and it could even be configured to queue up certain types of transactions but not others (like all purchase invoices for example, but not sales invoices or inventory changes due to the extreme volume; assuming a company where that is the case for sake of example).

I would only like to be involved if we can agree to spend the time to do
user-friendly, intuitive screens.

Feedback on screen designs, probably starting with putting down end- user processes to support (use cases if you will) would be great.