The release4.0 branch needs testing, and that is the point of this thread. Of course there are bugs or issues, finding them and the nature of them is the point of doing this. You're right that these exist and need attention. Whether they should block a binary release is another question altogether.

As for the bug you mentioned... that is on my list of suspicious things to look into. It may not really be a bug. The XML Jonathon presented was not valid and some of what he wrote seemed inconsistent, and I don't get the feeling from what Al wrote that he actually tested it (I may be wrong on this, I haven't finished looking into it, as I mentioned above).

-David