Multi-tenancy complicates things, and the code could be made simpler
by removing it in many areas of the system. So technically, I'm for
that.

However, the issue here is whether enough people depend on it. I saw
multiple questions in the mailing list in the past about multi-tenancy
in the past, so I'm just not sure if people depend on it or not. Maybe
shooting that question in the user ML would help shed some perspective
on it?

With our appreciation for all the good work people are doing in their
projects, I think we should be focused on OFBiz and what is best for
_this_ project. If some project decides to drop multi-tenancy I don't
think we should be influenced or automatically follow suit. So naming
who-did-what might not important for this discussion and we need to
bake our own bread.