Hello,
I tend to agree with Mathieu to concentrate the effort on json to integrate Vue.js or some other js framework.
On 31/10/2019 17:03, Olivier Heintz wrote:
Hi Community,

As explained in a previous mail, we (me and others co-worker in a company I am
working for) are working on a POC for using Vue.js as GUI generated
from the current screens/forms/menu xml ofbiz files.
The customer goals is to be able to migrate a lot of existing Portal / portlet
developed with ofbiz R13.07 on trunk and on a modern GUI.

The main customer specification / requirement are, for the first step of
migration
1. minimum of modifications on xml file, to have the easier and quicker
migration
2. same GUI rules, to facilitate user acceptance
3. new GUI for a component should be working with classic GUI for other
components
Enhancement can be possible but will be applied in a second step with
productOwner check and validation. [...]
After the rollback of all the work done at Nereide usingportal page to manage screen, we came to the conclusion that to create user friendly interfaces, based on customer feedback, the following constraintsare a good goal to achieve:

* simple to use : user keep his concentration on his current work
* simple to develop : "make it simple" concept, limit the code but all can be read from screen source.
* naturally extensible : respect the common theme system.

Our conclusion(Gil, Leila and me)is that the solution isn't about the technology but toidentify what we really need.

Finally we determine some basics rules and concept to generate strong screens. We are also currently workingon a POC and some first try with few code are reallyencouraging. I will detailour work onanother thread as soon as it will be presentable.

So allto say, if you also wantto improve application's screen on trunk,you maywant to see what we have experimented and may want to benefit from our experience on this part.

Cheers,
Nicolas