Hello Community,

After Nicolas remarks (thanks to the team for sharing their experiences and
thoughts)

I propose to discuss about GUI best practice in OFBiz, which one are the most
priority for the future.
I have already described my point of view and approach 3 years ago in a mail
[1] and I continue on same ideas ;-)

Maybe, the priorities are not the same for the front-end and the back-end, I
propose to start discussion by the back-end.

1. homogeneous in each component and between components
2. modularity :
  * having "micro-service" on a GUI point of view
   ** having a level (screen / portlet / screenlet /...) which are able to be
use in a multiple context without technical modification
   ** menu and screen are decoupled, it's possible to change one without
modifications in the second
   ** one function, with maybe some parameters available on
installation/personalisation at the server level.
3. be able to have in the OFBiz technical architecture, a layer dedicated to
functional/business consultant (some files or in SGBD)

I give only the first 3 to help discussion focus on main priorities. When there
will be a consensus for the first 3, it will be time to discuss for
the next 3 ;-)

My wording are maybe/certainly not correct and often bad wording create
confusion, so correct me on idea and/or wording.

Olivier

[1] https://ofbiz.markmail.org/thread/s7pf246hk3uc2mlq
or
[1]