Hello, inline,

On 13/12/2019 12:47, Olivier Heintz wrote:
Hello Community,

[...]
1. homogeneous in each component and between components
This is the way started with the common-theme creation. Move all structural and technical concept on the theming, promoting decorator usage for screen structure
2. modularity :
   * having "micro-service" on a GUI point of view
    ** having a level (screen / portlet / screenlet /...) which are able to be
use in a multiple context without technical modification
    Yes reusability is a nice way to ease custom plugin development, with KISS in mind for the developer. What do you refer as technical modification ?
    ** menu and screen are decoupled, it's possible to change one without
modifications in the second
Isn't that already the case ? Not sure I understand what you mean ?
    ** one function, with maybe some parameters available on
installation/personalisation at the server level.

There I don't understand for sure, can you elaborate ?

Modularity is a concept where we store what we need to show.
   We prefertolimit the modularity concept tothe simple expression, "how to reuse or extend standard code".    Or to support this concept, we need to ensure each component work on they cover :
controller: ensure to identify each in/out
screen: point to generate coherent rendering

3. be able to have in the OFBiz technical architecture, a layer dedicated to
functional/business consultant (some files or in SGBD)
Is really a finality for ourcommunity ?
For a software editor itcan be a good purpose but for us, is ouradded value to create huge quantity of screen with massive parameter based on business suggest ? Step by step, we have currently some difficulty to convert ftl screen to xml (1. homogenize).

We can take a true story to illustrate this : a screen createdfor managingall partyrelationships. First you create an isolatedscreen with a search on partyRelationship entity with load from 'site parameters' to instantiate some potential filter Who look the relation (to/from), manage history (Y/N), filter relation type, role and some other
   This first step is a big task to arrive on satisfactory outcome.
After sharing with end user, you load and configure the screen with desiredinformation on global page The end user return you that it's not what he want, he just want only a specific relationType 'A', easy change site parameters But heforgot the case of relationType B when roleTo is 'C' ... damned you can't use your generic screen as it and need to override all the search part
Who said override a part said override all the screen.

    In final try to make a generic screen based on supposition make 2 to 3 days, Search it on library, test, configure, valid based on business discussion easly 1 to 2 days,
Create screen from scratch with business condition:3 hours

We don't talk about the problematic to cover a support on production site based on generic screen, between screen variable, database variable crossed on user/global screen/context and huge problem when screen a created form database information: impossible to release. When you are on continuous integration, impossible to ensure a stable state because all isn't code.

Like previous message, it seems to us that a layer dedicated to functional/business consultant it's a dream, and we win to concentrate effort on create easily coherent and homogenize screens, and that should be the first step in my opinion.

In our past experience we tried to implement such configuration layer, the experiment was a failure :     - Lost of confidence of the customer (and ourselves) where the configuration was updated with no control into production (not through a VCS, with code review etc.)     - Lost of efficiency for the developer to implement the configuration layer for complex cases (such as partyRelationship)

Adjusting existing Screens using xml should not be that complex, and accessible to a functional/business consultant. If not we should analyze what do we need to improve in that way.

Nicolas
I give only the first 3 to help discussion focus on main priorities. When there
will be a consensus for the first 3, it will be time to discuss for
the next 3 ;-)

My wording are maybe/certainly not correct and often bad wording create
confusion, so correct me on idea and/or wording.

Olivier

[1] https://ofbiz.markmail.org/thread/s7pf246hk3uc2mlq
or
[1]