Michael Brohl <michael.br...@ecomify.de> writes:

> I think depends-on is a point we already have discussed and this was
> not my topic in the latest emails. My proposal to write up a concept
> is adressed to the "big picture" you have described in [1], which
> contains your statement:
>
> "Here is a *big* change that I am considering for OFBiz to fixes those
> issues by leveraging the Java platform which already provides
> everything that we need to fix those issues: ..."
>
> I was talking about this big change and the plan behind it. In the
> initial discussion you gave a brief vision, which should be worked out
> by the community to move forward. A vision is far from a concept the
> community can decide on, which is my main point I expressed earlier.

If we failed to understand each other on the small picture, I doubt
bringing the “big picture” will be lead to better result. The bigger the
scope is the more likely it will end up in a “what if” tar pit.

>> I don't see the point of continuing this unproductive discussion neither
>> to proceed with a formal vote regarding the deprecation of
>> “component-load.xml”, because whatever the result I have lost my faith
>> in the capability of this community to succeed at handling the technical
>> challenges that will enable OFBiz to stay relevant in the future.
>>
>> But this is fine.
>
> As I've sorted out the "depends-on" topic as the reason for the wish
> for a concept/plan: do you also think that a discussion about the *big
> change* is unproductive and is not necessary?

Maybe a few month ago I would have been more patient and open to get
into the requirement analysis details, but now that I have already spent
all my energy into related heated debates without having any time left
on realizing what I intended to work on initially, I am basically done.

It could have been productive but in an alternate reality.

> How do you do conceptual work with clients or colleagues? I believe
> there is some kind of written documentation and clear decision points
> involved at least for non trivial features/changes.

Usually such discussion involves a whiteboard and a face-to-face
discussion. Nereide has not a strong culture of written specifications
and work in a very agile way.

> I sincerely hope that we can sort out the resentments and find a way
> to collaborate on the challenges that lay ahead.

I am afraid that I am out of fuel here.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37