Hi Jacques,

I will just pick out one topic here, see inline:

Am 12.03.20 um 08:32 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:

The most important question to answer is: what does Jira offers that GH does not?

To justify the need of making a change, to me the question is quite the opposite: what does GitHub offer which Jira does not in the domain of contributing/ project management/ issue tracking?

What makes it desirable for the community as a whole to work on a switch to GitHub?

What do we gain? What do we lose?

What processes are optimized or made easier for contributors (both technical skilled and not so technical skilled)?

What problems do we have with the current setting and how are they solved with a new solution?

Are there good examples or experience by other Apache projects who made the switch?

I am not talking about personal preferences, speculations or just doing it because it's more up-to-date, but good, justified arguments which I have not seen yet.

For a vote, we should collect all arguments with pro and cons side-by-side to have everyone taking part of it well informed.

Thanks,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de