On Jan 23, 2008, at 8:08 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Hi All,

1) I noticed that using "code" style in Confluence has a drawback. When you edit the page thereafter, Confluence adds unwanted lines after "code" blocks. I don't know if it's related to Confluence setup. So I suggest to avoid using this style.

I just tried to replace "code" by "panel" but as I suspected I got the same result : each times you re-edit, an unwanted line is added after the "code" or "panel" block. This is independent of the browser (true in Firefox and IE7, note that Opera offers only Wiki Markup mode). Of course all this is only true in Rich Text mode Wiki Markup mode has not this problem (and it's sometimes easier to use when you want to clean up the mess coming from previous Rich Text mode sessions).

So I suggest to avoid using these 2 styles for now and to simply put code alike texts in bold.

This seems a little like putting the cart before the horse... Chances are the bug will be fixed (probably already is actually) and extra lines seems like a fairly minor side effect.