On Jan 24, 2008, at 1:50 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
We could try to forward a request for the following spaces:
OFBIZ
OFBIZUSER
OFBIZTECH (or OFBIZDEV)
OFBIZADMIN (or OFBIZPMC)
and jonesde as the initial space admin.
Jacopo

Do you think it is worth of an attempt? Or should we postpone this process? And also: if we request the 4 spaces as above, will we be able to setup (in the future) Confluence as the main web site (ofbiz.apache.org) or we will need to request a special setup for this? But maybe, before we go on with the request, should we spend some time to review the Confluence spaces we will need?

Here are some ideas for a discussions:
a) could OFBENDUSER and OFBTECH be unified in one space (and simply logically separated by separate branches in the content tree Tech/ User docs? b) where will reside the official OFBiz site? (right now most of the pages are in the open/Wiki part...)

Another layout could be:
OFBIZWIKI (open, for general purpose Wiki site)
OFBIZDOCS (restricted access, for tech/user docs)
OFBIZ (restricted access, for the official site and admin/PMC resources)

I think the idea of combining the end user and tech spaces is fine. For the last one in your list (OFBIZ) we should probably qualify the name to avoid confusion, ie use something like "OFBIZADMIN", especially since we've been using the space name "OFBIZ" for the open wiki. I do like the idea of calling that OFBIZWIKI though so that they all have more specific and meaningful names.

I'm not sure technically how we can make "ofbiz.apache.org" go to a confluence page, except maybe through a redirect or something. Confluence might have something for this though, ie something to support multiple domains and to map a domain to a specific default page. Do we really want to do this now though? There is also the problem (may not be too hard) of how to remove the confluence decoration so just our page is left. Also, the infra team might have a hard time with the home page going directly to confluence given performance of dynamic pages. I think most projects that do this actually generate static HTML from their confluence pages and then that is served over standard HTTPD.

Anyway, if or however we do that I'd say the home page should go in the OFBIZADMIN space. I don't think we want just anyone able to edit it... that makes it too easy to spam or abuse.