Hi Marek,

On Jul 2, 2008, at 3:58 PM, Marek Mosiewicz wrote:

Currently VAT/Tax sales switch is based on showPricesWithVatTax in productStore. But in fact it should be based on taxAuthority table. There is the place where we could know if it is VAT or not. It would be also important in purchase order where there is no need for store.

Marek

This subject is interesting and has been discussed a few times in these lists, but I think that there is some confusion around this subject.

The product store flag you mention is not mandatory for VAT taxes: I mean that using a VAT tax doesn't mean that you want to show your product's prices with VAT included (this is only true for some retailers).

So, I'd suggest to ignore that flag for now; IMO the best way to distinguish vat taxes from sales taxes is thru the is thru the TaxAuthorityRateType: we should add a new entry there for "VAT taxes"