Hi Jacopo,

I also noticed that the system can not handle situation when different
rates apply to some customers.

This is also the case in Colombia where tax rate depends on the
combination of buyer and seller social activities. For example if a "big
contributor" sells to a "government organization" the rate of the tax is
different from the rate that applies when "big contributor" sells to
another "big contributor".

I have solved this requirement by party classifications and small DB
extension. I added the table:
TaxAuthRateProductAppl
- taxAuthorityRateSeqId
- fromPartyClassifGroupId
- toPartyClassifGroupId
For every specific rate I add new TaxAuthorityRateProduct record and
also TaxAuthRateProductAppl records that define for what combination of
party classification is applicable current TaxAuthorityRateProduct
record(rate).

If this makes sense and is a good approach I can contribute this
enhancement to the project.

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer