No, do not remove the shark component. That isn't a commit-then-review sort of thing, and in fact I'd say we should have a vote in order to decide to remove it or not.

As for the LDAP component... could you be more specific? I'm not aware of any separate component for LDAP, and really it should be integrated with the existing security component(s).

-David

On Sep 6, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Nobody interested of does this mean that I can go ahead ?
Ahead : remove Shark, install LDAP as a framework component

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Despite of the efforts I put in it 2 years ago, I'm wondering if we should not throw away Shark. It's not supported anymore and there are any real use of it in OFBiz since ECA are used instead. It looks really like a dead end. LDAP is proposed as a specialpurpose applications in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1689 . But I see it more like a core framework feature even if there is no real use of it in OFBiz for now.

WDYT ?