Ah, yes indeed.

Sorry, about my mumbling today. To be a tiny bit more specific. I am of
course only referring to the indexed product search. I know that Solr is
based on Lucene and that both use a similar way of indexing new listed
products (that is by adding, updating,removing new entities from/to the
index through XML files).

>From as much as I understand, Lucene is the main search engine used within
OFBiz (I hope we are NOT relying on cached Mysql-native Fulltext Queries
here). New Products are added to or removed from the IndexTree through a xml
script (just as they would in Solr). Lucene then provides the rest of the
OFBiz environment with a regular search mechanism, as well as ranked
indexing, sorting and yadayadayada.

Lucene however, does not allow advanced Facetting, nor is it a standalone
application. Both of these advantages are something that Solr provides.
Therefore it would be great if one could easily switch both search
engines...