Well,

I am sorry to say this, but I don't think that insulting me would help a
healthy discussion at all - since I am new to the OFBiz environment and the
documents are really scattered all over the place, I don't think I have to
feel ashamed over not knowing OFBiz in each detail, nor should it hinder me
from asking this type of questions.

To Continue the discussion however (...and hopefully put this all behind), I
still continue to believe that moving the OFBiz framework to a new
Searchengine could be a very valuable idea. In case of moving to Solr, the
indexed search (of products) would greatly benefit from such features as:

#  Support for Dynamic Faceted Browsing and Filtering
#  Advanced, Configurable Text Analysis
#  Multiple search indices
#etc.

(Feel welcome to have a read through
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/features.html
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/features.html )

So from what you said, no matter how you said it, I have learnt that Lucene
is indeed the native search engine used by ofbiz and it is NOT fed through
XML files. (that makes sense, cause I couldn't find the respective XML files
mentioned - also explains what I found in
org.ofbiz.content.search.SearchServices).
So in order to use a different Searchengine, I would have to write my own
XML-File generator and feed the search engine with that, correct? Doesn't
the entityengine already do that with such data?