BJ Freeman wrote:

> You have stated what caused the responses, when you made assumptions.
> [I have worked with Solr, not lucene.]
>
> You have not investigated how ofbiz works.

I think that comments like that are not only unneccesary, but unhealthy for
any open discussion. (Please read my original message again, replace the
term "proprietary" with "native", keep in mind that OFBIz does NOT use
Lucene for searching - so I was told several times now, and then skip
through the original question at hand)

@Jacques: Thanks for the response - not quite. There are actually two
questions at hand:

1)
What search engine, if any, is used by OFBiz to generate keyword search
results for Products?

2)
If 1) can be answered with "NO Searchengine per se" - which would implie
that we are doing real database queries right now (perhaps one that use
Fulltext-query algorithms), would it not be a good idea to move to a
standalone searchengine as Solr?