Actually, I'm starting to wonder if we should revert it and relax that constraint. We have a lot of links that go to requests that call services and pass parameters and that would need to be updated. For sure they would be far more secure, but there is a bit of work to do (I'm realizing now that I've looked into it more and soaked up the implications a bit...). For example, most Delete/Remove/etc links are this way. Now, for sure they aren't very secure as-is, but there are quite a few to change (a form widget update can fix many of them perhaps, but that is complicated for multi forms as the natural way would be to do nested forms which are a nice fantasy but not supported in the real world ;) ).

Anyway, I'm working on it, but it's a bit of a mess I've created with this one...

-David