On Mar 11, 2009, at 4:53 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

On Mar 11, 2009, at 9:43 AM, David E Jones wrote:

So, until then...

To get there with the form widget I think we'll need to introduce a new field type, like a form-backed link that we can use instead of the hyperlink field type that we currently use to pass parameters in the URL.

-David

Hi David,
I think this is good security rule and it would be good to have it in the framework.

Do you have any idea how to cope with "nested forms problem"

This isn't too hard, just takes a little work. You can always put forms with all hidden fields elsewhere in the page and then have a link submit them.

Also, there are links in the screens, which are used to invoke services. Should we replace these links with forms or add a new attribute to link element and render the link as a form with hidden fields containing all the request parameters ?

Yes, screens and other places will need this option too (a way to do mini-forms as an alternative to links for calling services). I'll be playing with these in the near future and figure out a good XML schema for it, probably a "formlink" or something with nested elements for the parameters to pass to it (which will all end up being hidden forms on the parameters).

Along with this I'm still thinking about doing unique keys for each form so that they are more protected, and to avoid duplicate submissions and such - those would initially only work by default for form widget forms that are handled by service type events.