I think this is a great idea and would be very useful. Could you create a JIRA issue for this and relate it to OFBIZ-2380?

Andrew

On Apr 30, 2009, at 1:07 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

On Apr 30, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Andrew Zeneski wrote:

... I'd be happy to discuss additional changes as well (which aren't yet documented) like adding support to check multiple permissions at once, returning a Map of results from that permission check. So, if you or anyone else has a wish list for security, let me know so I can get it all incorporated at the same time.

Andrew

this is probably off topic here, but an enhancement I would like to see in the form widgets is the ability for the widget model/renderer to automatically select the proper field type according to the permissions of the user: this is something that can be already done using some scriptlets and the use-when attributes but it is pretty complex. I don't have a clear idea at the moment but the first options that I can think of are: 1) a new field type "display-update": it will be "display" if the user has view permissions; it will be "update" if the user has write permissions 2) add, a required-permission attribute to the field element: this will act as the use-when permission; or maybe adding something like use-when="${ofbiz:hasPermission(UPDATE)}" 3) submit buttons will be disabled if the user doesn't have proper permissions 4) base/default permissions could be set as an attribute in the form element or derived from the service (if auto-fields is used)

Just my two cents