That is a fantastic idea - I guess it'd be super easy to scale the datastore then right?

Cheers,
Ruppert

On Oct 24, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Ean Schuessler wrote:

Raul Sieberath wrote:
So, there are Git plug-ins for eclipse. They can use the git
executables and scripts or it can implement in java.

Which is very interesting, actually. JGit is an implementation of GIT in Java under the BSD license. I've been interested for some time in turning this into the backing store for the content management system. Most content management tools have a simplistic history oriented approach that just doesn't match up with the way the world works. It is common to have a site in production with high priority changes going in all the time while, at the same time, you have a set of new content being developed on another server. Merging those change sets with a database oriented content management system basically sucks. If a friend GUI could be put on top of the GIT star topology revision control it would be a category defining feature for content management.

I've been very curious whether this could be done in Jackrabbit so that you have JCR compliance in one fell swoop.