Hi Pierre,

Inline...

From: "Pierre Smits" <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Hi Jacques,

See my comment that i put in the JIRA on  22/Oct/09 07:28 AM.
Leaving out the payment segment is *not* in the patch... So you don't have
to worry about that.

Yes, now that Tim has expressed that he and his team are not worried, I can't
see any obstacles.

But you are right. Reviewing patches is always good.

If people are reviewing it, that's ok. And I expect to hear/read from them
soon with their comments/plan of action.

Hans has already explained he will. I hope to do some also, but for the moment
I work on another major subject...

However, we both (and others) agree that the SFA module needs more than some
love to become a best in class solution. We have a ancient document that
outlines in a high level where the application should go. But are the stated
requirements still valid? And are these then complete? And... Requirements
are not a devleopment roadmap. Meaning that they are the input for a road to
go. Functional design/technical design detail that more. That why JIRA items
are created, I guess.

Yes, right. I can't tell much about the requirements and how and far they have
been used since did not either wrote them nor worked
on the implementation.

I can submit my insights and deliver patches. My insights are yust one point
of view and may be disregarded by project members. I am happy with that. It
are just opinions.
But when I submit patches to improve OfBIZ for the greater good of OfBiz I
expect something to be done with them in a timely fashion. If not handled
that way I could easily refrain from helping and go about my way....

We have all constraints, please be patient. OBFiz was not build in a day (and
not even a week, not even a month, not ev..., ok I'm
sure you got it ;o)

If there are constraints regarding time available from people involved in
handling submitted patches I would suggest get more involvement on that
level.

Please consider, for instance, the work I did for free this month for the
community. It's only an example since each active members
of the community has done at least as much in a month, and some for years now...
Then you will understand that some Jira issues have to wait. Especially because
it's easier to commit a small fix here and there
than to dive in a bigger work when you have also to earn a living...
This said, sure, like everybody, I'd appreciate also more commitment from other
commiters, who would not want that ?
BTW, if you are really interested to help at long term, I'm sure we are all
happy to welcome you as a commiter in the future...

Thanks for your interest in OFBiz

Regards

Jacques
PS : I'm so sorry that David mislay his wand :/

Regards,

Pierre