Hi Hans,

Like I stated before I am more than happy to provide insights and submit
enhancements and patches. If appreciated I can submit an exerpt of a
requirement analysis I did a while back relating to CRM. It could help....

For the rest, see my inline comments

2009/10/28 Hans Bakker <mailingl...@antwebsystems.com>

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Let me first say hat we appreciate your efforts in this area but
> remember it is all voluntary unpaid work and does not have the top
> priority. Luckily David already answered a lot of your questions, saves
> me a lot of time :-)

> 1. leads/contacts/accounts (working on this one)
> We will rewrite the search/list functions and reusing as much as
> possible within these 3 functions implementing the all/my
> leads/contacts/accounts principle. Either all accounts in the system or
> all accounts assigned to me(logged in user). We will use the forms and
> the performfind service which is now standard practice in the ofbiz
> system
> We keep the current file organization and format which is shown in the
> sfa demo data.

Enhancing search/list/filter features on start screens within SFA would
surely help user acceptance. Does the enhancement also include an easier way
to filter on Country/Account Manager/etc?

> 2. Add a screenlet to the overview to show to whom the
> lead/contact/account is assigned.

In the profile of a party in party manager there is a segment called
relations. Is that what we are looking for in SFA?

Currently in the trunk an account is automatically related to the creator
with the creator being in the role of owner. Shouldn't the company be the
owner of the account and the creator the manager? If so, wouldn't this also
be applicable to contacts and leads?

> 3. Events and calendar (add the existing portlet)
>
> 4. Create/assign/track activity/task related to an
> opportunity/lead/contact/account

Does this imply that created/assigned task  are also to be shown in the
events and calendar portlet (when dates are set)?

> 5. Implementation of sales teams: open for discussion and probably need
> a customer assignment for this.

Would this be like creating a team and assigning party members to it? With
the team members having all the rights to perform actions on the associated
account?

> to be continued......
>
> regards,
> Hans
>
> Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Regards,

Pierre