/\  www.asciiribbon.org

From: "Tim Ruppert" <tim.rupp...@hotwaxmedia.com>
I have to agree with Gavin - the only way to fix this is to fix the URLs.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Dec 10, 2009, at 2:07 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Tim, All (after all why only Tim should be concerned?),

I asked Gavin, as I expected  (to be more clear here is my question)
<<Hi Gavin,
Despite all other redirections work, we have an issue with old tinylinks (begin
by docs.ofbiz.org/x).
For instance look at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-Ajax:DisableBrowserCacheforModule
I found this related FAQ
http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=162988142
David confirmed that <<The current setting for General Configuration -> Server
Base Url is:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence&gt;>
Could you have a look at this please ?>>

Here is his answer:
<gmcdonald> erm, I think you better look at the ofbiz wiki side of things.
Having a tiny link inside asf confluence pointing to
ofbiz confluence which is set up to redirect back to asf confluence is bound to
have problems, I would say that tiny links
produced
with the ofbiz.org url should be changed
<gmcdonald> ... or at least check how redirection is set up at ofbiz.org, the
redirects directly from ofbiz.org in some instances
point to the cwiki homepage instead of your space(s) ,this is not a tiny url or
asf confluence problem as I see it

Thanks

Jacques
()  ascii ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Hi Tim,

I encourage people to use tinyURLs going forward because they will always work

I heard this before ;o). I have asked Gavin at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2347?focusedCommentId=12788583&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_12788583.
But I'm not sure it's the right side to ask.

From: "Tim Ruppert" <tim.rupp...@hotwaxmedia.com>
I don't think it's a good idea to put it back - we've moved it and forever
there it will stay.  I also don't agree that you
should
encourage people to not use the tinyURLs - this probably only happens because
the Confluence servers were setup very differently
and with different purposes.  I encourage people to use tinyURLs going forward
because they will always work.  This may be
something you want to check with the ASF on - they're the only ones who can
qualify that last statement about the tinyURLs.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert