SIPfoundry sipXecs is LGPL, i know it is only compatible in binary form, but still. it is user friendly, based on java. in their next version they are integrating openfire, a jabber/XMPP server based on java, and dimdim, web conferencing. both are GPL, but we do not need to distribute them...
anyone interested?
manuel.

On 13 Dec 2009, at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

From: "David E Jones" <d...@me.com>
On Dec 12, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Adam Heath wrote:
Hans Bakker wrote:
On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 13:59 +0100, Jeroen van der Wal wrote:
Hi Hans,
I understand what it can do. Can you tell me why this feature should
be integrated into Ofbiz?
Then we are getting into the discussion if ESME is useful or not. That
is why i copied the first page in a previous message. Please check
earlier messages where i understood that in general the community agreed
it was useful.
This proposal is not that IF we should use ESME but only how....
It is first if we can, then it is how.  Things that go into ofbiz
trunk must be useful for everyone, and you need to explain why this
would be useful, and in which situations.
That's silly, being useful for "everyone" has never been a requirement for a contribution... If Hans likes it enough to work on it, I see no reason for anyone to give him a hard time for it.
-David

Yes, I don't see why this should be a requirement for a new feature.
BTW it's a pity there is no PABX like Asterisks, but with an usable licence for us