I believe any integration with existing chat/twitter-like services would be useful.

From my perspective, it would be best to build into OFBiz a gateway to these external services. In other words, take the same approach we use with external payment processors. I believe that would be less complicated and more flexible than integrating a specific service into OFBiz.

-Adrian

Hans Bakker wrote:
Some users are wondering if ESME is useful to add to OFBiz or not,
therefore some promotion why I think it is interesting and yes I have
business cases for it:

1. It started with a request of our customers to have a chat possibility
in e-commerce for new users to ask questions via chat. I looked at 2
chat open source frameworks. Then ESME was proposed here in the mailing
list. My opinion is that if ESME can do chat too, then better go for
ESME so we have also twitter functions. (as Tim also stated)

2. ESME allows to use the twitter principle in a protected business
environment: developers/marketeers exchanging ideas, announcing news and
problems. (yes you should use OFBiz in your company to see these
benefits)
If you are still not convinced of twitter in a business environment: get
a twitter account and follow me: @hansbak i will keep you informed about
ESME within OFBiz and you will have the opportunity for point 3 as a
bonus.

3. ESME was actually born in the SAP environment and many people from
this environment now getting exposed to OFBiz because we are looking at
ESME too and the ESME people "retweet" my ESME experiences to their
network of twitter accounts.

I was not convinced about this twitter stuff but using this for my ESME
investigations has shown me that it is actually pretty exiting getting
to know so much new people in such a short time.

David thanks for the support because it looks like that the OFBiz
community has a problem accepting new functions like this one, even if
it does not affect their usage of OFBiz. So please people, not too
conservative and always be open to new developments!

Regards,
Hans