> One major question is whether framework, on its own, should even be
> runnable as an application. In my opinion, it is a library, not an app
> and doesn't need to be operational on its own.

The more we discuss about this the more I get convinced that what we
(or at least me) intend for framework-only distribution should be
better named "OFBiz-core".
The OFBiz-core could consist of framework + party + content + commonext.

A distribution with these components set up is somewhat similar to
what I mean for a framework where developer can start building its
office automation application without the necessity to disable
anything but having all the power of the framework and the "core"
applications.

-Bruno