Hans Bakker wrote:
> Yes we should seriously look at this. These "gadgets" are based on the
> apache shindig (http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/) project. perhaps
> we can also use this in ofbiz? Shindig is an implementation of the
> opensocial (http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/) standard
>
> so ofbiz portlets can be used in other systems and viceversa?

I think this goes beyond MyProfile. OpenSocial is more about
relationships between containers that provide a notion of identity. The
system was developed for MySpace/Facebook style relationships but it
could have major implications for exchanging corporate role information
between companies.

>From the MyPortal perspective, GoogleGadgets is more what you are
interested in. These could also have a larger implication from a widget
API point of view. It might be useful to have insertion points for
micro-portlets in any screen in the system.