Ruth Hoffman wrote:
3) I fully understand your position. IMO the ofbiz.org domain is not a sacred icon. In fact, as each day goes by, it has less and less meaning.

Less meaning? Why?
Because it has been superseded by the Apache brand. IMO, if the Apache brand catches on, then the ofbiz.org brand will fade. And we all want the Apache brand to succeed. That ofbiz.org does not (and should not) compete with Apache is a good thing. Better to just put it to rest and be done with it. I'm not against ASF having it, I just wanted to continue to market and push it as a complement to the ASF brand.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

One thing I would like to mention (for the benefit of any newcomers) is that OFBiz joined the ASF for these reasons:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html#why

As a relatively small community it was a smart move to place ourselves under the ASF umbrella because it relieved us of the legal and financial burdens mentioned in the FAQ. I don't believe anyone in the community saw that change as a way to relinquish the OFBiz brand and replace it with Apache. On that point you are completely wrong.