IMO, there are 2 options for releasing branch(es).

* Only one which will be later the official release. The problem is then
whether people want to have Dojo/Prototype or jQuery in
this new release branch.

* Two branches, one which which will be later the official release and one which will not be officially released. I would consider it
as a fork since it would have Dojo/Prototype when the official will have later
jQuery. Maybe fork is not really appropriate, but I
think you get my point.

We could also make 2 official releases. One with Dojo/Prototype and another
with jQuery. I'm not quite sure switching from
Dojo/Prototype to jQuery requires a specific release...

Other opinions, ideas?

Thanks

Jacques

Bruno Busco wrote:
Why you think that making a new release branch would create a fork?
It will be managed as we manage R10.04 and R9.04 right now.
Only bug fixes will be backported.

-Bruno