ofbiz is to me is versatility with letting different implementation work side by side. the core is that the entities when modified will display at UI level with no other changes to code. If you add a field at entity level that field will display at the UI level with no more work.

So as long as any effort keeps that philosophy then I have no problem.
and as long as I can continued to work on my production servers without major changes, then I am ok with it.

For those that want to change this, I suggest a different effort so they can resolve their requirement but not effect the basic philosophy of ofbiz design.

BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Karl Pitrich sent the following on 12/3/2010 7:49 AM:
I understand that a lot of people have a stake in OfBiz, but for the sake of
advancement of the project I strongly believe that a clear and quick decision
is necessary, even when it breaks functionality.