IMO I see no reason to have a "Flat Grey Evolution" theme.  Adrian is right,
the Flat Grey theme hasn't had a visual update in years and it looks very
dated.  It needs some love.  Let's not add another improved version, let's just
improve the version we have now.  I think that is more efficient and more
beneficial in the long run.

As far as the tabs go, we can still keep a horizontal, tab-like navigation
without actually having the tabs look like tabs.  Because, the absolutely do
look terrible displayed in two rows.   Adrian, I would be happy to collaborate
with you on this.  I think I have some ideas that could help.  Email me
directly if you want to hash out some ideas outside of this mailing list
discussion.

Consequently, as far as new admin themes go, I guess I can use this as an
opportunity as well to drop a teaser about a new theme I have been working on
already for some time now that I honestly hope will become the go-to theme for
scalability and customization, and that will eventually replace the Flat Grey
theme altogether.  The new theme scales down very well to 800x600 and has
minimal styling for maximum flexibility and customization.  Stay tuned for more
details in the next few days...

Ryan L. Foster
801.671.0769
cont...@ryanlfoster.com