I apologize is I paraphrased this wrong
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ofbiz-user/201009.mbox/%3c7ddc589c-fce5-4e71-97c9-f5f8147ab...@me.com%3e

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

David E Jones sent the following on 1/7/2011 10:58 AM:

On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:17 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:

David has commented that he started this project with Idea that Trained
consultants in ofbiz would be paid to install modify, and customize ofbiz.
That model in my opinion does not work, as David has since said, with open
source. Especially being in ASF.

I don't believe I ever said any such thing. In fact, I've said many times that
most users of OFBiz do everything on their own and never hire a consultant, and
for the project that is a very good thing. Not everyone will want to do that,
and it won't always be the most cost-effective (and certainly not
time-effective) thing to do, so there is certainly a market for consulting.
However, that is not and never should be considered a requirement for using the
project or a design objective of the project. Not ever.