Hi Erwan,

if I understood the ticket you mentioned correctly, there is no need to assign a
"random generated" with own logic.

They would like to use a variable (eg. test.port) to assign this random port to
the test-environment. Problem seems to be,
that we need to assign this port to the container (most probably via ANT). In
the project I am working on we are using a
common configuration file for all necessary configurations, and I would like to
suggest a similar solution for the whole project,
so that it is easy to configure the application from one configuration file
(like using maven profiles). This would then
allow the INFRA team to assign a port-number via a configuration variable.

A valid solution would be:

1) read environment variables
2) read variables from a set "profile"-properties file
3) read default variables
4) set variables in the configuration-XML-files of ofbiz

Due to the fact, that ANT just sets not already set variables, this would work
quite easily and straight forward. I know that
something like was already suggested quite some time ago.

It could be put onto the roadmap for the next release. WDYT?

R,

Markus

Erwan de FERRIERES wrote

 Hi all,

 last year I started the OFBiz integration in the Apache sonar instance.
 But I've been stopped by a request from infra, as I need to give the
 ports dynamically. And don't know how to make it happen...

 If anyone has a pointer, this would be really appreciated.

 TIA,

-- Erwan de FERRIERES
 www.nereide.biz