From: "Markus M. May" <m...@javafreedom.org>
Hi Jacopo,

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:36:13 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
Thanks for the interesting thread.
It would be nice to share some ideas here about the end result and
then evaluate feasibility and proceed with implementation.

Here is my wish list:
* all the most common configuration parameters should be set into
*one* central file (xml or properties, I don't care), ideally located
somewhere under the runtime folder (e.g. runtime/config)
Good idea ;-)
* an ant task (executed when the system is built) propagates the
parameters to the relevant configuration files under framework
We could also use a "copy" task to copy all the relevant files from another structure (like mvn is doing), e.g. /config or /src/config or something like this. This could then be even done in application specific
folders.
* it should still be possible to edit the files directly (as we do
now) without using the central file: this could be useful for complex
setup (multiple service pools etc...)
You could then just edit the "templates", if needed.

Yes this should not be a problem, just replace ${string} (or such)

R,

Markus