I have to concur that the reporting feature feels "core" to me for business
users. BIRT seems to be the most widely accepted standard since Jasper has gone
"freemium" and BI seems like a huge selling point for us if we get it right.

I do have issues with the way BIRT is integrated (which I can elaborate
separately). In some cases I run the stand-alone BIRT servlet directly. I don't
know whether this makes a case for pulling BIRT out or keeping it in. I suppose
what I'm saying is that reporting really needs to be present "out of the box"
for us to make a compelling business case for the system.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
e...@brainfood.com