The approach we take at 1Tech Ltd is to enable easy third-party reporting tools integration - via database meta-data. Unless the client has no infrastructure whatsoever, they usually prefer to use their existing reporting tool with OFBiz, and exposing database meta-data makes that easy.

We could debate the merits of various reporting tools at length, but the end result will be that different people have different preferences. In other words, you're not going to find unanimous agreement on using any one tool.

So, I agree that reporting is core for business users, but forcing users to use a particular reporting tool seems wrong.

-Adrian