I agree in principle with this reply. Very few shops use the OFBiz eCommerce front-end - it wasn't intended to be used as-is, instead its there for demonstration purposes.

Each business will have a preference for styling their site, so choosing one theme over all others seems presumptuous.

As I mentioned in the Jira issue, HTML cleanups are always welcome. Consistent and concise markup makes it easier to design themes - and from my perspective that provides the most benefit to OFBiz developers.

-Adrian