Jonatan Soto wrote:
Hi Richard,

Hi Jonatan,

First of all, thanks a lot for you input.

because that's the one I already used in a couple of OFBiz projects.
Actually the designer who introduced Bootstrap for one of those projects
also suggested Zurb, but since I already had a bit of Bootstrap knowledge I
decided to use it as well for the other project.
Well, that doesn't change the fact that you are right. There is no reason
to do it with Bootstrap exclusively so I think we could rename this thread
to just 'Converting frontend themes to a HTML5 framework' until we decide
which framework (if any) we should use.
As a side note, I must say that I am not a web designer.

I think it would be useful to have sample themes that use Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation, and straight HTML5/CSS3. But as I understand it those should all go in extras; we'd only distribute one theme as part of the OFBiz distribution.

From my understanding your idea is to let users to compile a customized
framework based on Bootstrap, HTML5Boilerplate or Zurb within OFBiz,
correct? If so, my initial idea was a bit different, I just wanted to use a
customized version of Bootstrap compiled directly from their site:
http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/customize.html

I think using a customized bootstrap would be fine. It would be neat if building OFBiz could do the customization for you automatically, but it's more pragmatic to do the customization manually.

        Richard.