One of the most difficult and challenging issue with branches is _merging_
them. Git is a tool that is far more advanced in its feature set in that
area.

It seems some of the opinions expressed against git are due to
unfamiliarity. The only way to be convinced is to try it on an advanced
level as i don't think an email thread would be enough for convincing
anyone of the merits.

My 2 cents

Taher Alkhateeb