-1

not because I don't like Git or because I don't think it wouldn't be a good fit
for OFBiz; the reason for my negative vote is that in the vote there is no
mention to the workflow the project will adopt; at the ASF there are some
limitations due to Infrastructure and/or license/legal reasons and not all the
way Git could be used are allowed (for example I don't think we will be allowed
to accept Pull Requests from GitHub).

There are several ASF projects that have switched to Git
(https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf ) but the workflows they have adopted
are different from the ones implied by some of the comments in this mailing
list; see for example:
http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/contributing.html (this is very similar
to our current svn-based workflow)
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GitAndHadoop (patch based contributions)

I have mentioned a few times that until someone will take time to review what
others do and what can be done @ASF with Git and come up with a proposal for
OFBiz, my vote will be negative because it doesn't make any sense to vote for a
tool or the other.

Jacopo