Hi All

We have an amazing number of Jiras open and because we have so many it's
getting very confusing as to what are the priorities and things are getting
clogged up.

I've got a few initial ideas and suggestions that could maybe help improve the
workflow

1) Highlight Parked / On Hold Jiras
We have quite a few Jira issues that are 'parked' or 'on hold' – so it would
be good if these were clearly identified so that if people come across them
they know that they are not being worked on (and the reason).

We could look at adding a new status, a flag or a label that could hold this
information.

2) QA Review for New Jiras
I think it would also be good to look at introducing some type of review stage
for newly created issues. This also could give us a bit of QA to make sure that
there is enough information needed for the task to be worked on. It could also
be then allocated to a workstream.

3) Define Workstreams
We have a good idea of the areas that we want to focus so it should be
relatively easy to setup some workstreams.  I'd like to explore the idea of
workstreams a bit more because it could be something that could be an entire
sprint, an issue category or it could be the equivalent of a planned future
release.

I know Jira allow us to define a Roadmap and versions and that we already have
something setup that helps us with our release management (I.e.automatically
incorporates all the Jiras applied to a version) that we don't want to break
– so this might need more investigation

4) Review of Old Jiras
One of things that we've had hanging around for ages is a lot of old Jiras. At
the moment I think Jacques takes on a few at a time, so it could be good to get
some other volunteers and start looking at these and either closing them,
parking them or allocating them to a workstream.

These are a few of the ideas I had in mind – the main objective is to make
Jira into a useful tool for help us with our workflow.

Please feel free to let me have your feedback and comments, and if anyone else
has other ideas and suggestion to share, then please do.

Thanks
Sharan