On Oct 6, 2011, at 2:50 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:38 AM, David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I know that everyone here cares so much they wish they could do more.  It
>> may surprise you to learn I feel like that pretty much all the time too.  It
>> just comes with working on something you love.  When one is looking out so
>> far ahead all the time and focusing on how far there is yet to go, it can be
>> really easy to lose track of how far you've come and how many steps you've
>> taken to get there.
>>
>> Doing something like this is like a game of jenga.  You may look at the few
>> bricks you've added and wish you could have added more. You might think they
>> barely amount to anything compared to the tall structure you see before you.
>>  But imagine the devastation that would become of that structure if everyone
>> who felt that way removed their bricks.
>>
>> That's how utterly important every contribution is.  Appreciate the bricks
>> you've added and the bricks others have added.  We did this together and
>> there is no one person who could have ever done it alone.
>
> Hi Dave et al,
>
> It was truly inspiring and as always highly energetic. Kudos for your
> guidance and keeping the project up and healthy. I enjoyed very much
> following the team's progress in this certification achievement.
>
> Wasn't it that we've had all the pieces for ages, but what we truly
> missed was good marketing? I think a book, a couple of articles and
> conference speeches would bring more curious eyes to the project and
> that's how I read your words: "really just enjoy the victory".
>
> p.s. I read in a blog entry about your presentation about TomEE. Would
> you share how it went and where you'd improve it? In two weeks I'm
> going to present TomEE during warsjawa [1] and wish I could do it well
> for the victory.

:)

The talk is tomorrow at 11am.  Slides done, just trying to get some slightly
more interesting demo code working.

Will let you know how it goes and post slides (all of them from the week).

After this I hear there's this great little Bed and Breakfast run by 7 dwarves
where one can get some good rest.

-David