Hi,
While going through the caldav specifications I understood that data
exchange in the protocol in done using iCalender format. So it is really
necessary to accommodate iCalender format in the project if we are going to
support caldav protocol. But working with two data formats for calender
events would e really painful. So it is really good if we can change the
current data model to support iCalender data format.

So the first question I had was whether I have to change the data model of
the project (regarding the appointments table and other tables relevant the
event data in the project) so that it can store the iCalender objects in
the database. Unless I am not going to change the datamodel, I have to map
the current columns in the data tables to the matching fields in the
iCalender objects (which would not be practical sometimes. But with this
method, adding the functionality of recurrence events support wont take
much effort as the the we can easily store recurrence details in the
current appointments table).

Somehow the first part of the project would be to convert the existing
calender events format to iCalender format. After doing that I have start
working with adding the missing iCalender and caldav functionality to the
project.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you