Hi Maduranga,

Sure, you need to add several columns to the appointments table and create
some additional tables to cover the ical spec.I believe it's impossible to
make all working using existing database structure.

One more thing which I suppose you have missed are GUI changes. How are you
going to detect which events should be shown on the particular
day/week/month? I.e. if user goes to some day in the calendar - which
events should be shown there?

Regarding the used librarues - I used ical4j and caldav4j in one of my
projects, and have not got experience with the ones from your proposal.

Best regards,
Irina